I remember loving this movie when I was a kid and so when I found myself with a head cold this week and Clockwork Prince finally finished I headed over to Netflix and typed into the search box – 1980s and when Teen Witch came up I was like yay!!! It’s about a gazillion times better than The Craft or Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or even Bewitched!
Teen Witch blends everything that is cool about magic and the 80’s into 90 minutes, like hello, if you could do magic you wouldn’t really be off fighting the Dark Lord or whatever, you’d totally be using your powers to become the most popular girl in school, don’t even try to deny it! Harry Potter’s got nothing on you Lousie Miller!!
There are so many reasons to check this movie out, but here’s the top ten reasons why you need to see this movie!
1. Retro psychics who pretend to be frauds but are actually totally legit but not all that ethical.
2. Riding bikes in tutus.
3. Bitchy cheerleaders who do choreographed dance sequences in the locker rooms dressed in leotards.
4. Dudes that rap and dance like this.:
5. Putting magic spells on your mates so they can rap and be cool for once in their lives.
6. The kid brother. This guy was amazing. You have to watch the trailer below to see this kid in action. He’s like a bitter old man in a kid costume.
7. Stone wash jeans.
8. Boys who look like Ken dolls and wear muscle tops.
9. This hairstyle which attracts boys who look like Ken dolls even without magic!
10. They just don’t do proms like they used to. Remember when everyone used to dance like this?!
Check out the trailer for all the good bits, or just go watch the movie, you seriously won’t regret it!
Time Traveller’s Scrunchie gives Teen Witch five stars!